Be the DD and Win Campaign
Designated Driver Awareness CampaignVCBH launched the Be the DD and Win! campaign in 2011 through grant funding received from the Office of Traffic Safety. The project transitioned to Project SAFER in 2013 and ran through July 2016. The collaborative partnership included Project SAFER, Ventura Police Department, Thousand Oaks Police Department, Camarillo Police Department, Simi Valley Police Department, Straight Up Ventura County and VCBH. The campaign was implemented in Ventura, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo and Simi Valley.
The Be the DD and Win! campaign was a local, incentive-based campaign aimed at reducing alcohol-impaired driving. The campaign goals were to:
- change social norms and perceptions related to being the designated driver;
- educate the public that being the designated driver means not consuming any alcohol before driving;
- reduce drinking and driving by promoting designated drivers.
Be the DD and Win! Highlights
- 106 campaign promotional nights across the cities of Ventura, Thousand Oaks, Camarillo and Simi Valley
- 34 Ventura County retail establishments participated
- 6,238 designated drivers identified
- Over $75,000 in prizes/incentives distributed
- An estimated 16,000 patrons transported home and did NOT drive drunk!
- 529 establishment staff members trained in Responsible Beverage Service Training